Re: choosing the right platform

От eric soroos
Тема Re: choosing the right platform
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Finally, can someone suggest a *BSD to evaluate?  FreeBSD 4.8? 5.0? Is Apple
> a good choice? (I've heard it's based on BSD Unix)

I wouldn't recommend OSX for deployment if you're worried about performance. The hardware availiable and the settings
totake advantage of it just aren't there yet, compared to the more established FreeBSD and Linux offerings.

Development on a tibook is another matter, I'd recommend it to anyone with an attraction to shiny things that do real
work.

eric

От: "Matthew Nuzum"
Сообщение: Re: choosing the right platform
От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: choosing the right platform